Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Anyone use Easy Peasy All in one Homeschooling?

Anyone use Easy Peasy All in one Homeschooling?

I was using HOD Preparing for my 9 year old but he's a struggling reader and really does not like ALL the reading that it does. We found this from our homeschool group and he LOVES it. We do add to it (we don't use there reading but use bju reading which he loves) and we add our own cursive. He LOVES all the links and such. He is in 3rd grade but he is a little ahead of there math so I just have him do their math and then add in a few things .. Anyone else use this FREE curriculum..

Debi in RI

re: Anyone use Easy Peasy All in one Homeschooling?

I just looked at it for the first time. I wish they had it when my son was younger. It would have been perfect for him!

We struggled through HOD Preparing too. It only worked because we did everything as a read-aloud and gave up on the Drawn Into the Heart of Reading. As he got older, I realized that he just doesn't care about reading fiction. He would read non-fiction books or articles that were much harder than the stories he was struggling through.

Have never even heard of this...off to check it out! Thanks!

I will be using it this coming school year. I find it pretty amazing that she organized all those subjects, links, worksheets etc. I did have my girls try it out for a few days to see how they like it, but we haven't actually used it completely.

We used it as a supplement to history and science. We studied animals and so I would include the appropriate links or lapbooks she had for those topics. We did use the english. The readings were good and we studied different types of poetry. This next year I need to refrain from going there b/c we already have our plate full. But it's nice when you think you need just a little something else for a specific topic and you can see if she found any interesting links.

After lookng at it everytime I heard people raving about it. I finally gave it a try. My dc had become bored with our usual LA curriculum and needed a break. So, we used EP for a week English 1 for a week and my dc loved it. They begged to do it in the evenings. I never used it as a full curriculum but we used it for a week or two here and there to take a break from our formal curriculum. They loved it so much that we started adding it to our day here and there. My dc use EP math for fun on their own time. I also use EP math for one chid while I am working one on one with the other.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions