Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

re: MFW ECC Necessary b4 CtG???

MFW ECC Necessary b4 CtG???

Is MFW ECC really necessary before doing the other courses in the cycle?

no

lol kayrenee Love love love those hs questions that are easy to answer :)

I giggled at the response too! Hahahaha!
Thanks kayrenee!

Everywhere I turn ECC is pushed as a prerequisite so I wasn't sure. I want to continue our study of the ancients next school year (we just began in April and only covered Egypt). I really didn't want to switch gears and do ECC only to return to ancient history a year later. I want the flow to continue. Thanks again! I love hearing from those with personal experience with the program rather than only what the publisher says. :-)

This post was edited on May 06, 2013 02:57 PM

re: re: MFW ECC Necessary b4 CtG???

There was discussion about this on the FB group and a couple people skipped ECC. If I can find it, I will post the link.

no, doing ECC is not necessary. It is not a prerequisite.
MFW recommends it for good reason.
but they will nott send police to check if you did it or anything like that. kwim? lol giggle....
Nor will you somehow miss something super important that keeps CTG from being a good year. and if you never do it, you'll live. (this assumes of course that God isn't the one telling you to do it.)

with all of that said... I'm glad I did ECC with my children to get current events, and understanding of cultures today. I've heard of some people who like to do ECC later at some point. I think I gave my kids good stuff by using it to lay a foundation for caring and praying for others. It touched our hearts a lot. I'm thankful that we did it. My oldest, heading into 12th grade now.... told me in her 10th grade year she was glad she did ECC again in 7th grade before studying ancient and world history. It helped her to "get it".

maybe it'll be possible to use it in later years.

>>Everywhere I turn ECC is pushed as a prerequisite so I wasn't sure.
---------------------------
I sure hope not, or I failed Homeschooling 101 since we didn't do ECC until after we'd done two other MFW programs that are supposed to come *after* ECC! ;o)

Lol! That's what we might do as well. I definitely plan to use ECC but I don't want to discontinue our ancient studies now, only to come back to it a year later. My kiddos are loving ancient history so I want to carry it out.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions