Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Is there ever going to be a MOH 4?

Is there ever going to be a MOH 4?

Feels like we've been waiting forever. Anyone know of an ETA?

re: Is there ever going to be a MOH 4?

Good question!

http://www.themysteryofhistory.info/volume_upcoming.shtml

Maybe about the time my 10yo graduates from high school? Or college? At this rate....

The latest I've heard (as of april 8, 2013) is Spring 2014 is when it is expected....

source was:
http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/467608-what-to-use-instead-of-moh-vol-4/page__hl__+moh4#entry4885622

Yeah, it seems to be taking too long for it to come out. I got the impression from the periodic updates by Linda Hobar that this project isn't exactly on the front burner. Apparently the book is written, but needs to be edited......it should never take a couple years or more to edit a text book. If it's not done by the time we need it (in 3 years), we'll probably use Diana Waring's history and try to pick up around the same time period. I actually would've gone with Diana Waring if my kids were older, but felt that for now the text and information were beyond them.

ETA: I'll be attending one of her seminars on the middle ages at our conference. I have a feeling it'll come up about when Vol. 4 will *finally* be ready!

This post was edited on Apr 26, 2013 01:08 PM

I can't imagine how much work goes into something like this. I am sure it will be wonderful! I am looking forward to it.

>>I can't imagine how much work goes into something like this.
--------------------------
Well, yes, except other writers of homeschool curriculum (of history) are keeping up to pace and producing materials when they say they're going to. I can think of several that have come out since she first started MOH.

Linda's always been slower at it than the rest, though. MOH 2 was nowhere near ready after the first year of volume 1 being on the market. Had we actually finished volume 1 that first year it came out (we didn't finish because we switched to MFW), we would've had to switch anyway, because MOH 2 still wasn't done. She's lost customers because of it; many have avoided MOH altogether because they can't do the whole series.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions