Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

MayberryMommy-question for you! :)

MayberryMommy-question for you! :)

I took at peek at your school blog and have a question and comment for you. :)

Question-Do you *teach* your dc their daily R&S lessons using the TM, or do they work independently, by reading the lessons themselves in their student books? Do you write a yearly lesson plan, or just do the next thing?

Comment-You are one blessed mama! I really enjoyed reading the blog post about the instant interruptions to your day, which is followed by another unforeseen interruption, etc. I do not have a large family, but for other reasons, can so relate!

Thanks and Blessings!

re: MayberryMommy-question for you! :)

I'd love to read the blog! Where can I find it?

Bearhollowschool.blogspot.com

First, thanks. :)

Second, I NEVER write lesson plans. One of the beauties of Rod and Staff is that one lesson follows the previous one by clearly deliniated numbers. Well, except for the reading/phonics which is segmented by numbers but broken up into five units. I could do without the units so as to keep the lesson numbers sequential from start to finish.

I personally sit down and teach the reading, phonics, math and English lessons. I have my 11yods doing the science. I sit with him for that, too. I use the TM for answers mostly. Everything the students need to know for almost all subjects/grades is right in the student books. My girls were more autonmous with their school than my boys are. They had very little difficulty teaching themselves the materials.

They pretty much do the spelling alone, but I have been helping them with section D of the seventh grade.spelling because it is slightly more challenging for my 13 yodss. I give all tests from the TM.

This post was edited on Apr 05, 2013 01:34 PM

Thanks for sharing! I hadn't thought of using the TM for answers only. That may work for us, though I'm finding my ds gets frustrated as I'm reading along with him, knowing he can read it himself. He's become quite stubborn over the winter!

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions