Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

BJU and Common Core Standards

BJU and Common Core Standards

I wonder if this is why they revamped their editions so quickly after just having put out new ones. In the last few years, they have done more revisions and made their science books into 2 books, math books plumped up with more topics, etc...

We only did ONE of the two science books in BJU science 8 this year and it was plenty. We will do book 2 next year with DD.
I'm having DS do an earth science study using another book over the summer.

BJU's science was A LOT to cover!! We've loved all of it, but have chosen to go at OUR pace. We don't stuff and cram over here. I'm sure we'll use most if not all of our 13 month BJU lease to complete next year's science. :)

Michelle32

re: BJU and Common Core Standards

Yes, I suspect this is so. I remember our BJU rep saying that their newest 5th grade book is the same basic content as their older 6th grade book. This was a couple of years ago when they were revamping the math.

BJU is over-the-top meaty and tough, IMO! It's A LOT of info to wade through in only one school year.

While they may be trying to keep up with some of the newer standards, I don't think BJU will ever compromise from a moral standpoint (Creationism/evolution, biblical WV, etc.), so I think we can at least rest in that...or at least I hope so.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions