Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

one publisher for high school

one publisher for high school

What publishers offer a full curriculum for high school?

I know of BJU, Abeka, ACE, and MFW. Whst else?

re: one publisher for high school

CLP

Christian Liberty Press ("CLP")

Christian Light Education ("CLE"), also known as Christian Light Publications ("CLP")

Hewitt Homeschooling

Sonlight

Alpha Omega/Switched-on Schoolhouse

Christian Liberty Press doesn't publish very many high school-level materials, possibly not any.

>>Christian Liberty Press doesn't publish very many high school-level materials, possibly not any.
--------------------------
But they do *offer* a full curriculum, which is what the OP asked. ;o)

I know CLP has published their own Biology book for high school, and I think Astronomy as well. So that's at least two of their "own" that are offered, along with numerous other materials from various publishers. And then of course they have (are connected to) the CLASS option for those who want it.

"But they do *offer* a full curriculum, which is what the OP asked. ;o)"

Semantics. :-)

CLP doesn't have *curriculum.* You buy a box of books from *different* publishers.

In my head, if someone asks about *publishers* that offer a full curriculum (which still is worded all weird, lol), I'm hearing "a publisher that publishes texts/workbooks for all subjects," not "a company that puts together a box of books from different publishers."

Probably I'm overthinking it, lol.

Yes, semantics. Generally speaking, we knew what the OP probably meant. ;o)

Going by Ellie's technical definition of "publisher" vs. "provider who offers", or "curriculum" vs. "stack of materials", you'd also have to throw out MFW, SL, and Hewitt Homeschooling. Not just CLP. Even CLE would have to be thrown out since they offer Apologia science (which they do not "publish") in high school.

Context, context, context!

"Yes, semantics. Generally speaking, we knew what the OP probably meant. ;o)

Going by Ellie's technical definition of "publisher" vs. "provider who offers", or "curriculum" vs. "stack of materials", you'd also have to throw out MFW, SL, and Hewitt Homeschooling. Not just CLP. Even CLE would have to be thrown out since they offer Apologia science (which they do not "publish") in high school.

Context, context, context!"

Some things are just very literal to me. :-) The OP asked for *publishers,* so that's where my head went, lol, because you know there are people who feel much more comfortable with traditional textbook publishers like ABeka and BJUP than with more homeschool-y things like MFW. Definitely Sonlight, too. So when she asked about *publishers,* that's what I thought she might actually mean: a publisher of textbooks/workbooks.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions