Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

testing

testing

Can you share what you are using please?
Pros?
Cons?

We are getting ready to do testing and I would like to try something new this year. We have always used CLP but I'd like to also test in Science and Social Studies.

I am considering the CAT/5 Survey from FLO
Also interested in PASS but don't have enough info on it.

This post was edited on Nov 27, 2012 04:37 PM

re: testing

The only tests my children have done (as homeschoolers...they were in ps before so they took those tests) are the CAT from Seton and the Woodcock Johnson, which was administered by a psychologist who does testing for our group.

At the end of May I have my ds take the CAT. I order it from Christian Liberty Press. I just do this for my benefit, its not required where we live.

We use the Iowa test of Basic Skills. You can get it from Brewer testing or BJU.

This post was edited on Nov 27, 2012 07:16 PM

We have used the Iowa Test of Basic Skills and ordered it from BJU.

We've always used either the CAT from seton (which was only math and la) or the ITBS from brewer testing. Now seton is offereing the CAT survey, the Terra Nova (which replaced the CAT and includes science and social studies) and the ITBS, so we'll most likely order from them this year.

~Kel

I've used CAT from CLP and PASS from Hewitt. PASS does not cover science and social studies unless they have changed something recently.

Keniki: " PASS does not cover science and social studies"
okay thanks. I was thinking it did.

If I go with FLO and do the CAT/5 I wonder if the Survey would be good enough? I don't have to test for my state, so it's just for my benefit.

I will be testing twice a year from here on out, in January and in June.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions