Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Diana Waring's History Revealed Theology?

Diana Waring's History Revealed Theology?

I love the looks of this curriculum but we're Catholic so I'm not sure if it is workable or not.

I know the Ancient History takes a literal creation view point. We believe that we don't know how long the six days actually were and could just explain that. From what I know the curriculum is not reformed..

Anyone who used it would it be too hard to make it work? We usually end up tweaking somewhat but want to know how hard it would be.

This post was edited on Oct 12, 2012 01:33 PM

re: Diana Waring's History Revealed Theology?

Bump.

re: Diana Waring's History Revealed Theology?

Laura, I am not Catholic, instead I would fall someone between Antibaptist and Protestant. I have not seen anything that blatantly speaks out against Catholics, but there may be some little things that I would not pick up on because I may see things differently than you would. For instance, I once peaked at a Catholic encyclopedia and saw that it teaches the Reformation entirely different from what I am used to. It really comes down to who you believe. I can't say one way or the other if you would find HR's theology a problem. I would think that you probably could use ACB and WWW with no problems whatsoever, because they don't include the Reformation. Scripture if for you to evaluate and there is no specific religion taught.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions