Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Biology 101

Biology 101

I got this used to go with our Nature Study with Biology Emphasis. We been using the Tiner book, which they like, and using the ACE lab videos which the tolerate. I got this yesterday so while I was finishing getting ready to go to town I let them watch the introduciton (15minutes) They LOVED it!!! They were talking all excited to me about it and said they really wanted to watch more.

TOUCH DOOOOWWWWN MOM!

re: Biology 101

Yep. The videos are really well done. I wish they were a bit longer, though. Have you looked at the syllabus and extra resources on the last DVD? You can print them out from your computer. It might give you more to help you pull together your own bio course.

I just got the Chemistry 101, and it looks like it has a bit more. I'm looking forward to watching those with my kids.

I think they're also currently working on a Physics 101 set as well, but it's not out yet...at least to my knowledge.

truthwalker,

What ages/level are you using these materials with?
You don't have to give specifics, just elementary, middle or high.
Thanks.

*We are trying to do a Nature Study via the Charlotte Mason style, with an empasis on Biology for the sake of my older children. The ages I have are 3, 6, 8, 11, 14, and 15. The resources we are using are:
Exploring The World of Biolgy by Tiner
ACE Lab Videos
the Biology 101 dvds
Keeping a Nature Notebook.
We are also reading aloud at night, The Burgess Bird Book. (also on our reading list we have the CLP Nature Readers and The Science Storybook)
I am considering adding the Biology Curriculum from Queens for my oldest two.
https://www.queenshomeschooling.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71_72_74&products_id=318

We tried Biolgy (ACE) last year with oldest son and he really did not want like it at all, so we did Physical Science (Apologia) instead. He is a very living books person and hates books of facts. So far, he is really enjoying the way we are doing this and they are all learning stuff from it, but of course what they are absorbing varies from age to age.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions