Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Online/Video based history curriculum?

Online/Video based history curriculum?

I am looking for 7th and 8th grades? I know BJU and Abeka has these options but I am wondering if there is anything else. The student will need something that can be done independently for the most part.

Thanks!

re: Online/Video based history curriculum?

We love History at Our House. They have online lessons to download or you can participate in live classes. We'll be sticking with them throughout the rest of my son's schooling.

Audrey

Veritas Press. And also the Potters School($$$)

Thanks! I will check out your recommendations.

Hi. I have never heard of the HAOH and just checked it out. I don't think its christian bsed?....

Also, don't know much about Drive Thru History, but check it out.

Here's one I've bookmarked for the future. It is secular.
http://www.worldviewsoftware.com/products/

Jennifer

HAOH is not Christian based. We are religious people, but I prefer teaching religion to my own children, so this works well for us. There are sample lessons on the website if you want to get a feel for it.

Audrey

JenninMN,
I think I am going to try out your suggestion. It looks really interesting and engaging. It is also on the approved textbook list for my state. Thanks again for pointing me in that direction.

Also, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the look of Veritas Press live classes and have always liked the look of Omnibus. However, we wouldn't be able to start until the end of the month which would be a month after classes start. I don't think this would be a good idea at all. So, I am thinking of doing the History and Literature transition courses next year for 8th grade and Omnibus starting 9th grade.

Thanks again for all the suggestions!!

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions