Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

a neat curriculum that is simialr to Robinson.

a neat curriculum that is simialr to Robinson.

I just stumbled across this and it looks interesting! I like the idea of Robinson, but have been a bit iffy on the books....plus it doesn't contain math. THIS contians Rays Arithmetic, McGuffey Readers, Grammar, Science, and History. It's all pdfs of CD's for grade 1-12. This might be a good investment for $160.

http://www.dollarhomeschool.com/index.html

And she has a complete booklist of what's on the cd's and lots of actual pdf samples. They look quite nice. Seen Here:

http://www.dollarhomeschool.com/EES-Book-List.html

Just wanted to pass this find along.

This post was edited on Sep 06, 2012 08:43 AM

re: this is LIKE Robinson Curriculum but really complete and better organized, and CHRISTIAN.

I must be missing it. Other than McGuffey, I don't see literature.

I was under the impression that Robinson, himself, is also Christian. Therefore his book selections, although not specifically written by Christian authors, do reflect a since of purity. Admittedly I have not inspected the upper level books other than reading the titles. But the lower level books on his list that I have (including McGuffey) I have appreciated.

Not trying to sway anyone one way or the other (this ladies science is more attractive to me as they look similar to some of the books I get from Ambleside), but I just don't want anyone to get the impression that Robinson is secular.

This post was edited on Sep 06, 2012 06:26 AM

re: this is LIKE Robinson Curriculum but really complete and better organized, and CHRISTIAN.

I looked at it, too, and wondered if I was missing something. I didn't see literature. I agree with susie. I thoight Mr. Robinson is a Christian and his selections reflect that.

Yes, Mr. Robinson is definitely a Christian.

Okay, let me add the disclaimer...
"The above sand below tatements are the opinion of me and I am not a professional curriculum user, just a self named curriculum junkie. "

Robinson just doesn't look Christian to me. I'm not saying it isn't intended to be.

I just thought this was cool and "I" thought it looks of it better organized to me rather than Robinson. But she does say in her blog that you can use this with Robinson, that it compliments it nicely.

I haven't really looked at either. This is just at a glance, but I thought someone else might be interested. I think it's a good price and you get alot. I know you can get alot things for free, but good pdfs are hard to find imo.

I'm not saying it's better than Robinson (just so no Robinsons users try to stone me here) But it might be a better alternative for some.

Plus we have already have a collection of good lit books. They are easy or cheap to obtain on our Kindles.

A neat Curriculum that is similar to Robinson...

Also, I'm sorry if I implied in any way that Mr. Robinson wasn't a Christian. I will edit my title for that reason. I guess because I don't see it really said on the website that it's a Chrsitian curriculum, maybe I got that impression? I just have a BIG issue with using any Science or History text that's not christian.

I was always interested in something like the Robinson Method, but wasn't sold on the curriculum. I like the looks of this better though.

Robinson just doesn't look Christian to me. I'm not saying it isn't intended to be

I agree with your observations.

The author of RC is probably a Christian. (I don't know him in real life is all I mean by that.) That doesn't mean he intended the program to be a "Christian homeschool program". doesn't mean he didn't either.

I don't know what his intent was to be honest. that website is hard to follow and digest. But it's hard for me to say it is a Christian schooling program when I never even see Bible mentioned as a great book to study from. The way the website and info is presented. hard to know.

compared to looking at the link you gave and seeing how they make it clear on the front page with words like Bible and Christian.

just saying, I totally get what you mean and wondered the same questions. I've always thought (well before your post) that RC was easily usable by homeschoolers looking for more secular materials. doesn't mean the program is bad, or lacks value... it's about approaches and preferences.

PS... we were typing at same time... but I never thought you were saying the author of RC was or wasn't a Christian. You were clearly talking about the content and intent of the curriculum. very different question.

This post was edited on Sep 06, 2012 08:47 AM

re: a neat curriculum that is simialr to Robinson.

Thanks Cbollin. I just wanted to make sure I was clear. I don't want anyone to think I was judging as to whether they are a christian or not or cause anyone to think negatively about someone else. I don't know anything personally about the author of RC. But I just didn't get the impression, from the website, that RC WAS a Christian curriculum, and like you said, I don't get the impression it was INTENDED to be a Christian curriculum. Whereas the other I mentioned clearly states it is intended to be such.

:-)

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions