Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Disney homeschool days?

Disney homeschool days?

I was looking up some things about homeschooling and a webpage for Disney homeschool days came up. This is the first time I've heard about Disney offering a homeschool program. I was wondering if anyone has ever done this?
You can purchase different packages for the number of days. It ranges from 1 day ($71) to 5 days with parkhopper (180). This is suppose to include admission for the whole family and the homeschool program. I'm not sure if it's only one adult allowed..it wasn't really clear. Either way that's a pretty good price.

re: Disney homeschool days?

We have done quite a few of the homeschool days. To me, the best part are the youth education series taught on the same days. Google it under "Disney Y.E.S."

We've taken advantage of it. You're allowed one adult per child. The program was really good although a bit long.

How does it work if you already have annual passes?

I was wondering about that as well. We are most likely going to renew our passes next year. I wonder if they just let you pay a certain price for the program, if not I'm assuming that it'd be the $71 dollars.
I was also wondering if this would be fun for younger elementary, or is it something that you should wait to do until they are older.

The reason we quit going was that Disney quit allowing annual passes. luckily, we had already done most of the classes. I have not checked this year to see if they changed their mind. It seems a crime to charge people twice for park entry.

We have done Disney Homeschool Days twice (Fall of 2010 and Fall of 2011). The prices for the tickets are awesome. If you go into the system I am pretty sure you can actually buy up to 8 day park hoppers with the water parks as well. So essentially you get 8 days at the 4 main parks as well as up to 8 additional visits to the waterparks or Disneyquest. Parents and all kids ages 3 and up pay the same price which includes the homeschool "class".

The actual homeschool program is about an hour. Your entire family can go. It is on a specific day at a specific park, so you need to plan around that.

The YES program is only slightly more expensive and the classes are just for kids and 1 adult. They are offered many more months of the year than the homeschool days program. We have not done those yet, but might next year as they sound pretty interesting.

Homeschool days is usually September or October and then again in January. The prices have gone up slightly each year.

I like to follow a blog called www.easywdw.com where you can see FREE crowd calendars. The best times to go are usually September and late January.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions