Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Total Health: MFW & Hewitt Plans

Total Health: MFW & Hewitt Plans

I was looking at lesson plans for Total Health that MFW and Hewitt both offer, which includes I Kissed Dating Goodbye alongside Total Health. But neither of them give very good descriptions of the plans. If you have used either of them...

Do they include quizzes & tests?

Do they include answers for the text and quizzes & tests?

Are the plans detailed (daily--page numbers, projects, etc) or just a checklist?

Basically, I like the idea of adding the extra book and having both scheduled out for me without having to spend $80+ on the teacher's edition if possible. BUT I am not sure if I would still need to purchase the quiz & test book and/or if there is a text answer key.

re: Total Health: MFW & Hewitt Plans

I haven't used the MFW Total Health, but I have MFW lesson plans for Rosetta Stone, Apologia GS and Physical Science. The lesson plans break down page numbers, projects, ect. to be done each day. They are wonderful! My dd can do those subjects on her own.

I looked at the Total Health plans on the MFW site and it includes the answer key. But not sure if it includes quizes or not?

Hope someone who has used this can help answer your questions. If not, you could call MFW and ask...

I just bought the MFW plans.

There are no tests/quizzes. It has a reading plan for the books, and the answers to discussion questions in the text

mfw trivia time? the first year they sold Total Health, they also sold the quiz/tests. immediate feedback from customers was that it was becoming "read and cram for quiz" instead of learning much... or it was all open book for families. so they drop that part of it and kept to the review projects. and changed the plans for the better...

The lesson plans have a path for readings, as well as encouragement for a longer project over with the fitness stuff and other chapter activities for more "real life" instead of cram for a a few quizzes each week. That way without quizzes, you have a way to grade something.

Harris book is there to provide another point of view on dating/social relationships. The text has one view. his book has another. that way you get really discuss that kind of stuff as you see fit.

Thanks for the feedback so far!

Do the MFW plans have grading guidelines?

I contacted Hewitt about their plans and don't think it sounds like it would work well for us.

Do the MFW plans have grading guidelines?

To calculate semester grade, they give suggested percentages for

reviews,
exercise program,
and completion of chapter suggestion activities.

But it is not as detailed on the grading guidelines as they give for their core high school program. most of the price of the plans is for the answer key. (or at least that's how I see it)

That is helpful...thanks!

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions