Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

I want a homeschool planner, but.........

re: I want a homeschool planner, but.........

Decision made........I am not buying one. I know it will be wasted pages and I will probably throw it out in a month or two. I will be making my own pages again.

That's the conclusion I came to this year too. It would be so much fun if there were a pre-made pretty one I liked! haha. Oh well.

I usually make my own and keep it handy on a clipboard, but I do drool over the beauty of the Well Planned Day. I just know that I would never use it. My df IRL loves it, though.

I'm thinking about doing the 15 day free trial at Scholaric.com. I am really curious about it. I've read reviews and listened to a pod-cast of the creator (software engineer/home school dad).
It is supposed to be very easy to use. You can bump lessons, drag and drop lessons on different days, keep track of grades and create a report card, print out daily or weekly assignment checklists for the kids, and it's web-based. I like that there are no ads and it has a clean look. No screen clutter.

Someone here on HSR said that they used it and liked it, but I haven't tried it out yet. Maybe, this summer I'll give it a trial run before we start back in the fall.

I make my own and bind with the Pro-Click. Like so many others, I am way to picky, so picky that I usually make changes about halfway through the year. I love my Pro-click, because you can make notebooks, workbooks, planners, whatever, and they are slim and editable.

~Nancy F

can I ask a really dumb question here? what do you do with your planners? I know *plan*, but what does that look like?
Do you put lesson plans in it? or grades? or grocery lists? or what? Do you carry it with you everywhere in your purse, and if you do, do you consult it often while out and about?

I ask bc the whole issue of planners befuddles me. It's this thing that a lot of people really love, and I can't figure out what it is that I'm missing. Perhaps my lifestyle is just one that doesn't really require one, and I'm ok with that, but if I'm missing the boat of something that could really improve my day to day life, I want to jump onboard as quickly as possible.

So please, those who use them, HOW do you use them? Thanks so much in advance!

I use it for lesson plans, grades, and a calendar to keep up with how many days we have done........and now hours for high school credits.

I have a different calendar book that I keep up with our schedule(keep it near the computer so I see it often to remind me where we need to be for the day)......piano, art, church, 4-H, etc. It is small enough to take with me.

I print a weekly menu that hangs on the fridge.

I keep a running grocery list on my kitchen desk.

I like to have a schedule written down for me to stay on track with where I want to be with our school work. It helps keep our focus and stay organized. I also have to keep a log to turn in with our portfolio each year, as well as attendance, so making a schedule/plan works well for that. I don't want to have a home binder type planner with budgeting and personal info and meal plans bound to my school planner although it's nice to have. I wouldn't turn any of that in. That would need to be separate. If it were bound together, I would need to make photocopies of the planner sheets and that would be a pain.

I'm not good at keeping up with a planner once I have it. However, I found one on RR that incorporates the Charlotte Mason method and I think I'll give it a try. It's called "The School Planner for Homeschooling Mothers."

I do love The Well-Planned Day, but I need fewer extras to distract me - WPD is chock full of extra goodies.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions