Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Any opinions out there on Sonlight's G-H-W Bible books?

Any opinions out there on Sonlight's G-H-W Bible books?

I have never read any of them. What are they like? Good, bad, or otherwise?

re: Any opinions out there on Sonlight's G-H-W Bible books?

bumping for you...want me to ask on the SL forums for you? I am heirloom and have free access.

Yes, please ask! I can't seem to get a good feel for any of those books anywhere.

Ok. : ) Will post over there and hopefully by this evening will have a reply or two.

Okay! Since it is against forum rules to copy and paste stuff from the SL forums, I did not ask for you. I did do a search of the threads started for these books and tried to fairly sum up what I read about them. : )
For Core G: International Field Guide: from what I read, it is pretty basic overview information and if your student already has good Bible knowledge, then this isn't worth the time. It has 36 lessons and is in a two-column format on each page. It has maps and archeological stuff.

For Core H: How to Stay Christian in Highschool has immature language and writing and should be pre-read by the parent. There is a chapter about Potiphar's wife that is said to read like a romance book. But Don't All Religions Lead to God? Is said to spur some good discussions. BBC teaches how to study the bible and is very useful toward that end. But some folks think the graphics are a bit distracting. How to Live Like a Jesus Freak is like a modern take on Foxe's Book of Martyrs. It appears that most who commented have liked it. I wasn't able to find anything about Daring to Live on the Edge...but maybe some Amazon reviews will help you with that one?

Core W bible is the same as core H. Oh and there were a few comments about how core H bible jumps up a lot in maturity level from core G.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much! I am sincerely impressed that you took the time to do that for me.

: )

Glad to do it.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions