Homeschooling Discussions

Reply to topic

Search

Need middle school science

Need middle school science

I need help looking for science.

I'm looking for a middle school science program for my (dysgraphic) son that does not include a lot of writing, (and isn't super expensive - under $100 would be preferred.) :-S

It must be from a YE/Creationist view point.
We have looked at (and ruled out) ACE, Abeka, BJU, AIG/God's Design, and Apologia.... What else is there?

Thanks for your help. :-)

re: Need middle school science

The only thing I can think of that's left is SOS, but I can't really recommend it. God's Design would be my first choice, but I see that's on your 'ruled out' list. :-(

Hmmm - yeah I'm not crazy about SOS. (Been there, done that - LOL.)

I haven't researched this alot, but take a look at Real Science for Kids.........my cousin who is a "science" homeschool mom says this is really good stuff.

What if the only writing he did was to do the chapter tests or something like that? He could just answer all of the questions orally until the test. You could even have him do some other kind of project to show mastery of the subject instead of the tests. I'd still recommend ACE...and do one of those suggestions.

Remember: What you use is only a tool. You decide how to use it to best suit your needs.

NM

This post was edited on Feb 22, 2012 03:31 PM

We're using ACE this year and he says he wants something different next year. If we don't find a good fit, though - we'll be sticking with it. ;-)

I just remembered another program. What about using BF's History of Science? Here's the link from the CBD site:

http://www.christianbook.com/history-of-science-revised-and-expanded/rea-berg/pd/78322?event=1016SKU#curr

You could have him type any assignments instead of writing them out. Just a thought.

Reply to topic

Search

Return to Homeschooling Discussions